About the Scheme (NTSE):-
National Talent Search Examination Scheme is a flagship activity of National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT). The purpose of the scheme is to identify the talented students and nurture their talent on the basis of Examination conducted. All the students studying in class X in Govt./Local Body/Govt. aided school/ private school are eligible to appear in the Examination. The NTS Examination is conducted in two stages. Stage – I and Stages – II.
- Stage-I Examination is held at State Level.
- Successful candidates (as per state quota) are eligible to appear in Stage-II level Examination which is conducted by NCERT.
- The Assam State quota is 89.
- 15% scholarship will be reserved for students belonging SC Category,
- 7.5% scholarship will be reserved for students belonging ST Category
- and 4% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
The Scholarship amount is as under:
a) Scholarship of Rs. 1250/- P.M. for class XI & XII.
b) Scholarship of Rs. 2000/- P.M. for under graduate and post-graduates students.
c) Amount of scholarship for Ph.D be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
Tentative Date of Examination:-
- Stage-I: 5th November, 2017 (Sunday)
- Stage-II 13th May, 2018 (Sunday)
Students may visit Official website for detailed information, link is below given.